Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Dear Santa Journal



Hello and welcome,

What better day than today to share my Dear Santa Journal with you. This journal is made from manilla folders. The idea for the front cover came from Shelly Hickox. I loved her piece so much I had to have one for myself. Here is the link to the tutorial.  http://shellyhickox.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/faux-leather-travel-journal.html

Now the idea to use manilla folders came from a wonderfully talented New Zealand lady by the name of Michelle...... Here is the Youtube link.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZMxfvLOJtc  
If you like tea dye....you are going to absolutely LOVE her chanel.

I used a couple of other people ideas and went ahead and did my own thing with the layout and pockets etc. I used Grunge board, Chipboard and a huge selection of Christmas papers I had in my stash. Any questions just drop me a line.  It's so easy and a HEAP of FUN.

I thought perhaps this could be a Dear Santa Journal for a child to write in each year what they would like for Christmas.  What a lovely thing to be able to look back on. 

Front Cover




















First Page




















Magnetic Tags







































Side Pocket





















Book Mark





























































Behind the magnatised tag is a hidden encvelope




























































The back.  Probably my FAVOURITE page.  On the background star I thought I had used Glossy Accents...it turned out to be crackle accents. I love how it turned out. I suppose that's what can happen when you have so many items on your desk at once.  How GORGEOUS is this blue snowflake?





















I'm so pleased with the way it turned out just had to share it. If you have a spare moment please  let me know what you think and don't forget to leave your link so I can visit you too.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow! Now that's a wonderful idea, and your book is just beautiful! I love it!!!! The papers, textures, the details are all terrific.

Happy Holidays to you and yours Karen!

Margaret Mifsud said...

A totally stunning little journal Karen!! Love this!! So beautifully done and what a lovely idea!! The front cover is amazing, I must checkl out that tutorial ... thank you so much for sharing!! Hope you had a fabulous Christmas and wishing you and your family a most wonderful New Year!! ox

Pearl Maple said...

fabulous work on your journal, happy holidays and thanks for sharing your creative inspiration

butterfly said...

What a magnificent album - it's just beautiful!
Happy New Year!
Alison x

Adrienne Crist said...

Fabulous! I was inspired to make the same one too, only didn't do much to the inside yet! That cover technique is the bomb!